Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 9th Letter - EASTER 2012


Hey Mom!
I just want to say I love you. I'm glad you had a great time this Easter. I thought of you while we ate fish (It is an Easter tradition here). I chewed every piece very well and found two sharp bones in my mouth. I didn't swallow one… so don't worry. This week we found a family that lived in Florida for 8 years, and they love speaking English with us. I think it was kind of a tender mercy from the Lord for us to meet them. We also saw a miracle this week. I wouldn't share this with too many people but there is one lady that we are teaching that has sleeping problems. She wants to know the truth and also she REALLY wants to be able to go to sleep. There is a littler more to the story but, …we explained to her about priesthood blessings and she desired that we give her a blessing so that she could sleep. As we administered to her, we felt the Spirit really strong. We passed by her house two days later…and she said she was sleeping regularly now. What a blessing. I love being a missionary!!!! Well I guess that's all for today. I love you mom and I can’t wait to talk to you on Mothers Day!!! (the day before I turn 20! I won’t be a teenager any more!) Love you mom!
Your son Elder Myers
PS- I bought a cow foot cup today!!!

Hey Dad!
President Eyring said in the past conference that once he prayed for a trial and soon after-- he received it. Well, I did the same thing. I prayed for a trial to see how God wanted to strengthen me. About one day later, I was assigned to give a 15 min talk in sacrament meeting. Yes, in Spanish. I fretted over it for some time but Sunday came and I gave it. Once I was there, I had to cut my talk even more, so at times I had to improvise. I was feeling kind of proud that I had completed the task but afterwards, when I asked if everyone understood me, one person said" Yeah, just about everything except when you spoke English." I didn't speak any English… That kind of lowered my self esteem but whatever….. I always have something to work on right?. I love you dad and I hope you get some sleep!
Love,
Your son Elder Travis

Hey Hey Hey!
Patrice! Hows it going? Sounds like everything is going just dandy! Thanks for the pictures! I knew mom was going to do something big on Easter. If it’s mom, it has got to be a BIG H! hahaha! Thanks for the testimonies. I'm always surprised by the things that Adam says. He is going to be a great missionary. Also, thanks for the testimonies of Rachel, grandma and grandpa. I love them and miss them alot. Mom too. I believe the Gospel (evangelio) IS her blood. She knows how to make any situation gospel related and because of her example, I think its helping me out alot here. This week we were talking to this one girl who hasn't prayed and didn't really know how to pray, (even though we have taught her how to pray a few times). I could see the lesson was getting off topic the other day when she started asking us if we knew how to dance and stuff like that. I then said. “I am a horrible dancer.”( which is SO true). Her response was, “You just need practice.” I am pretty sure she was trying to see if we would go dancing with her, while on the other hand, we were trying to get her to pray (cause the dancing was NOT going to happen). I then thought of a very mom thing to say. "You know what also needs practice? Prayers! Would you like to practice a prayer right now?" It may have come off a little nerdy but IT WORKED! All thanks to mom. Well, I love ya Patrice! Hope you have a great week! Love, Elder Myers
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment