Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 2nd Letter - General Conference


Hey Mom!
Sounds like ya’ll had quite a week! General Conference, Birthday Parties, talent shows crazy kids... the fun just doesn't seem to stop does it? I´m glad you enjoyed conference. I know I did. Our investigator that we have been working pretty hard with went too. HE ATTENDED ALL THREE SATURDAY SESSIONS!!! And.... HE FINALLY ACCEPTED A BAPTISMAL DATE! His only problem now is that he doesn't want to get in front of the ward to get confirmed. (He has a fear of getting in front of people) But other than that, he IS getting baptized and confirmed. I really like the word confirm. Before we receive the Holy Ghost, our foundation seems to be a little shaky. But, after we are confirmed and receive the Holy Ghost, we are set upon a FIRM FOUNDATION, with the possibility of the constant companionship of the third member of the Godhead. It really is a remarkable thing to be confirmed, and I am so glad that I will get to witness this process in our investigator. I can not say I have had many baptisms, but to see a change of heart like we have seen with this child of God, makes it all worth it. Conference was great. All the English speaking missionaries got to watch Conference in English in the "upper room" of the church. I think that watching General Conference with a group of English speaking missionaries is about the closest thing you can get to a MISSIONARY SUPER BOWL. When speakers were announced, or if one of the general authorities said something REALLY apostolic,--everyone would just go crazy, do some high fives and then quickly write everything down that they thought was important for them to remember. It was awesome! I really liked the Prophets analogy of the toy boats that just floated down the stream, going where ever the current took them…. I learned that unlike boats that get trapped and cannot finish their race, we can (by making right choices) ALL finish our race on earth and receive eternal life. Sure, there might be whirl pools every once in awhile, but through the gospel of Jesus Christ, we can get out of them or dodge them all together. God has provided us a wonderful plan with a wonderful reward…Well I love you. I would like to thank EVERYBODY for the pictures. I haven't even been gone that long (8 months a few days ago) and I am already surprised by how much everyone has grown…especially the little ones.
I love you!
Elder Travis Myers

Hey Dad!
Well, I think I wrote most of what happened this week in my letter to mom. Just want you to know that I love you and I can’t wait to talk to ya’ll in a few weeks! Love you dad!
Elder Travis Myers

PS Elder Smith and I are working hard and having fun!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment