Monday, June 25, 2012

Received May 28, 2012


Hey Mom!

I saw your pictures this week! You look beautiful mom! Best of all you look really happy. Like my companion Elder Vega said, "When you look good, you feel good". Love you mom. The work is still moving along here!. Some days are really slow but other days are just awesome. It is kind of funny how many excuses I have heard in the past few days why people can’t listen to us. "It’s dark and I’m afraid!" (Justo Daract is probably the calmest city in all of Argentina) or "It’s getting late and it’s freezing outside!" ....”We know. We have been walking outside all day..”. Oh well, some people choose not to listen to our message, but there are others who are ready to hear the Word. I am finally getting used to this place. I don't know if I have said this or not but Justo Daract is a lot like Santa Fe in almost every way--- just more Argentine. Interesting piece of information for the week--- The mission President and two of the Elders from the office want to come work with us for a day. I don't know why they want to take the 6 hour drive over here but I am praying that we won’t have a slow day and that more people will let us in that day. This should be interesting week. Well, I love you a ton and I hope you have a great week! I’ll let you know if something crazy happens.

Love from your son,
Elder Travis Myers

PS- You can tell grandpa I am doing 150 pushups every morning, except Sundays of course. I'm doing a workout made up by this super fit military missionary called the "Body of a God Program" Every three weeks you go up in pushups. I don’t think it would be an appropriate idea to send pictures but I’ll just tell you, I think its working.Love you Mom!�

Hey Dad!

How is my best friend doing? It is all good here. I’ll try and answer a few of your questions this week. One question from last week,--- yes there are mosquitoes here but not that many. Since I have been here in Argentina, I think I have been bitten only 2 times!. I killed one yesterday. The mosquitoes are not nearly as smart here as they are back home. We do have a bunch of flies though. Sometimes after lunch, Elder Biggs and I take time to kill around 10 mosquitoes each. Living in the church is pretty cool, I guess. People walk in at random sometimes and I hear they also steal our food occasionally, but I hide my good stuff on Sundays-- so it’s alright.
My companion is from Gilbert, Arizona. He´s pretty cool. Washing an area means to basically re-assign the two missionaries (who have served in a specific area ) to another area and replace them with two more missionaries. The new missionaries in the area work as if “from scratch”. We are walking a lot right now and trying to find people to teach. Hopefully, in a short time we can spend more of our time actually teaching. Just so you know, I think you would really like it here. You probably would not like living here but I believe you would at least love to visit in this area because there are about 20 doves that live in the trees around our house/church. Also, Argentines have a talent for making cars run forever. There are a whole bunch of old Fords and Chevy cars on the roads. They also have a ton of little cars called Fiats that look like VW bugs. Fiats are twice as small as the VW’s and have only two seats. We cooked some BB-Q today Argentine style. It was great!!!! I hope things continue to go well there. I love you dad,
Your son,
Elder Myers
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment