Friday, September 2, 2011

August 26th letter from MTC...



Hey Mom and Padre!
I can’t say anything amazing happened this week--- well, I take that back. One of the major things you learn about teaching from Preach My Gospel- is asking questions and getting to know people (so you can better fit the lesson to their life.) You both know, I have a problem with asking questions. (YOU DIDN’T ASK HER ABOUT TENNIS? Pssssss!---family joke R Myers) Last night,(Monday) we had a teaching opportunity where me, Elder Tingey, and Elder Swarts taught the Sisters in our district. Let me tell you right now that the Sister Missionaries don’t make it easy for anybody!!. One of them was a theatre major before she got here and she uses that talent in any way she can! We started our lesson (in English this time) and all of a sudden, I just started asking all kinds of questions. By the first few minutes, we knew exactly what they needed to hear because the Spirit helped us discern that.. Even though they were trying to stump us, the Spirit ended up testifying to them of our message. I felt like I was a companion to Alma and Amulek Afterwards, they told us we did a great job. That was the cool experience for the week. Now, I might as well bear my testimony. You can probably tell what it says. Yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador y Redentor, Yo se que Jose Smith fue un profeta de Dios y Tomas S Monson es nuestro profeta a hoy Yo se que el libro de Mormon is verdadero y La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias es verdadero. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen!
Con mucho amor, Tu Hijo,
Elder Travis Dillon Myers

P.S. Mom, I don’t know if I mentioned this yet, but your letter about "Never getting too upset about things" could not have come at a better time. The day I got you letter was the hardest day so far for me and I needed it. Thanks.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment