Thursday, March 22, 2012

Samuel the Lamanite Experience


March 12, 2012 Letter received from Travis
Hey Mom and Dad!
**Well I have a surprise for you two. We had a baptism this week! We baptized a 9 year old boy named Lionel. It was kind of a surprise for me too. His dad is a member and his mom is Catholic. At first the mom did not want her son to get baptized but we continued to visit this family in their home quite a bit I believe the reason she finally allowed Lionel to be baptized is because she started feeling more comfortable around us. In fact, she is now even going to church.. I will try and send pictures of the baptism. That's basically the main thing that happened this week.

**Oh, one day while we were on the bus, someone on the outside of the bus, tried to spit on us. Thank goodness they missed! I think I know how Samuel the Lamanite felt.(while the stones and arrows missed him, the spit missed me!)

**The news for this week is.... I'm getting a new companion! His name is Elder Smith and he is from St. George UT. I don't really know that much about him but I do know we are about the same height and he has had one transfer ahead of me. I think we have about the same speaking and understanding ability of the language. We have no choice but to get better at the language now. That should be fun!

**Well, really that's about all the news for this week. Everyone is going crazy, getting ready for the new transfers plus, we are praying to see some miracles happen with some of our investigators. It is possible we could have about 3 baptisms next month and I am going to try hard to help that happen. Thanks for the news from home! Write ya’ll in a week with more news!
Con amor,
Elder Myers
**PS- Hey dad. to answer your question about the lady that said she needed to be baptized, well, she has some things to work out before she can be baptized.. But that is one reason why we are here—to help people prepare for baptism. I´ll tell you if anything good happens! Love yall! Elder Travis Dillon Myers
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment