Thursday, March 22, 2012

Teaching and Learning



March 19, 2012 Letter received from Travis
Hey Dad!
***Well I can’t send pictures this week. I think the computer may have given my card a virus... let’s hope not. Anyway, this week has been crazy for Elder Smith and I. I actually think our Spanish ability is exactly the same and we are studying like crazy to improve our language skills. Sometimes we can go into lessons and understand everything and other times... well, we don't. It’s a good learning experience for both of us. We have been seeing just about everything you can think of. We saw a wreck where a guys trailer popped off and hit some mans bike right before he jumped off. Another time we were in a bus when a car ran into us. Thankfully no one was hurt, but the sound of the crash was just really loud…Elder Smith and I are trying to work hard and do the Lords work. That's all we can hope to do. Well, until next time!
Love, Elder

Hey Mom!
I´ll try to write two letters again. Dad told me that if I don't have a lot of time, to combine my letters to ya’ll, so I did. The mission has changed things up here lately about reporting numbers and such and so I have had to take more time finishing my reports. One of our investigators is SOOO close to making the commitment to be baptized. He is just waiting for a confirmation. He has even fasted and has read 1st Nephi twice and is starting 2nd Nephi. Because of his diligence, he is gaining more underlining of the gospel and he likes what he is learning.. He is basically a member already. I have had to kind of take over all the responsibilities of Elder Vega. I have been busy with a lot of things and I forgot to call Elder Vega to find out what time we were suppose to give a scheduled lesson on Friday. We are not allowed to carry the phone with us and so it looked as though we would not be able to make connections with a guy we had made arrangements to teach. Any way, we continued to work and while we were searching for some investigators that were referred to us, we heard "MYERS!" At first I was surprised because no one usually can say my name correctly. My name is always “Me-ers” --“Me-shers”--“My-shers”,--“Myers”--and my personal favorite, “Me-go.” Well, the investigator we were scheduled to teach (the one we didn’t know what time our appointment was)was the one who was calling my name. He just so happened to see us. and when he saw us, he rode out of his way on his bike to ask us if we were going to meet with him that day. From him we found out what time we were suppose to teach him that day. God continues to show us that His hand is really in every part of this work, even letting us know the time we are suppose to teach That was a pretty cool experience for me. Thanks for the stories Mom When I get home I want my own autographed paper plate!
Love you mama!
Elder Travis Myers

PS I think I am getting kind of sick. My voice has dropped about three octaves but all is well. I probably sound like Brother Roberts right now.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment