Wednesday, November 7, 2012

July 9, 2012

 
Dad,
It’s all good here. Sorry to hear about your duck not surviving! I had high hopes for
it. I was just telling my companion about El Rancho Cima (which would mean the top ranch or something like that.) The peaches ya’ll purchased in Fredricksburg sounds delicious! Enjoy the peaches! Nothing is really new here, but we did see two stinkin’ cats in a tree this week! I started drawing pictures in my journal of the things I experience and see. A drawing of the cats in the tree definitely was one of my journal entries I made this week.
Love you dad!
Elder Travis Myers
 
Hey Mom!
About the chocolate syrup. The first two days I don’t think I have ever had so much chocolate milk in so little time--- but now I have got a grip on things and am using it with moderation. Word of Wisdom! 
That’s so awesome how you and dad are exercising and eating super healthy foods. That
salad sounds delicious. I think I can find about 4 of those ingredients for the salad where I am--but I will look around. Also thanks for the thought about loving the country. I have known a few missionaries who might need something like that. I was reading the letters of Paul in the Bible and one part that really stood out to me was when he said he became as those he was teaching to bring more souls unto God. To the Jews he was a Jew, to the Romans he was a Roman, and I would assume to the Argentines he would have become an Argentine. Paul knew what he was talking about! 
As far as my reading is going, by next Monday, I should be finished with the New Testament. I plan on reading the D&C and then finish reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish. After I do this, my goal is to only read the scriptures and Preach My Gospel in Spanish. I speak better than I ever have in Spanish right now, but I think until I speak like a native, I won’t be satisfied. I know we learn from our challenges and I believe speaking like an native might be one of my challenges.  Well, I love you and God be with you till we meet again!
Love,
Elder Travis Myers
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment