Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Missionary Work

Letter from: November 28, 2011
Hey mom and dad! I loved hearing about all the experiences ya’ll had last week! Sounds like a real party! I loved seeing the pictures too! Those were great! Well I believe Elder Stufflebeam and I have been really blessed this week. We had some really great experiences about how God works with people. I’v always heard how God prepares people (usually during trying times), to hear the gospel of Christ. This week I was able to see this in action. Elder Stufflebeam and I decided that we were going to focus on getting new investigators, because thankfully two of the investigators we have now are getting baptized this week and we believe there might be one more we can commit to baptism that day. A few experiences I’ll share with you:

1. We talked to this lady and gave her the first lesson because she was worried about her daughter’s salvation and wasn’t sure about the other churches she has gone to.

2. After getting lost (while looking for a certain house), we ended up talking to a man (who said he is hardly ever home). He told us that he was really in a time of his life when he wanted to know if the church he was going to was true.

3. We talked to another man (who was baptized when he was young.), and he told us that he wanted to come back to church.

4. And finally, we met another man and in our conversation, I just happened to say, “We have a message about how God can bless our families.” After I said that, he told us that he was having family problems that very day and had decided to go on a walk to get away from it all. I don’t believe any of these experiences were just coincidence. There are many other stories like this that are just starting to happen here. We have our last major project coming up here this Saturday and I believe with prayers and obedience.,-- it will go exactly as the Lord would have it go. Love ya’ll back home! Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Myers

PS- For Dad--I will be sending pictures next week and the next transfer I am about a 100% sure I am going to be assigned to a Latin companion. I have to cook quite a bit so I´ve learned to cook pretty well. People drive really slow here sometimes (as in 5 miles an hour on the main roads) ----NOT KIDDING! One day we walked in front of a truck that was about 20 feet a way because it was moving so slow.
( Travis wrote and told us he was trying to learn how to develop some extra talents etc. while on his mission. In response to his letter, I wrote him a note and suggested that maybe some of the talents he was trying to master could be done when he got home. I also told him that I hoped he would not be offended by my suggestion/or counsel that I had given him. Rachel)

PS For Mom.-- I´m not offended by anything you said. I only work on my typing when I am writing e-mails once a week. So, the time I spend typing is not taking up any extra time (I can already notice a difference and I don´t really have to look down anymore at the keyboard!) I think I will be putting the piano away until I believe I can speak fluently (which might be for quite some time), But, when I did practice the piano, it was only for about 5 minutes a day. I realize the talents I have, but I believe I have received specific revelation to develop some of my talents here. My patriarchal blessing says I have been blessed with many talents, but it also says I have other talents that need to be developed and I should ask God how I should go about developing these talents and abilities. I have actually prayed about it…I just want the Lord to be able to use me in as many ways as He can and I want to be the best servant to Him that I can be. I love you mom and I promise I am only going to develop these things in the Lords time.
Love,
Elder MyersPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment